Are You Caring for an Aging Parent and Your Children? You Are Not Alone.
Almost half the population finds itself in the “sandwich generation” – caring both for parents and children.
Pew Research Center states, “Nearly half (47%) of adults in their 40s and 50s have a parent age 65 or older and are either raising a young child or financially supporting a grown child (age 18 or older).”
This stage of life can be very challenging. In order to manage it effectively, you should keep key strategies in mind.
7 Tips for Navigating Life in the “Sandwich Generation”
- Have open and honest discussions about finances with your parents and siblings.
- Be proactive in creating a savings “emergency fund.”
- Set boundaries for both physical and mental space – and time.
- Recognize stress and stressors, and take steps to alleviate them.
- Learn about professionals and organizations that can provide assistance.
- Share care obligations for your parents with others (siblings, professionals, etc.) so you are able to spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Be as good to yourself as you are to your parents and children.
Affordable Quality Care
We care about you, at Seniors Helping Seniors® Jordan Lake in-home care services. Our services are affordable and bring you peace of mind. It is not easy to remain financially secure with so many people relying on you for help. Our overall goal is to make your life easier and give hope to your senior.
Find the support and care that your loved one in your area deserves. We are here for your senior’s personal care when you can’t be there®.